Hardware recommendations for a project.

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kadime

Hardware recommendations for a project.

Post by kadime »

A little background on me: I have no electronics experience, but I'm a software developer for a living and have been an electrician in the past, so I understand many of the concepts.

As for the project: I want to a guage or guages for my car. I have an aftermarket ECU (nismotronic) with bluetooth output of many engine metrics (speed, rpm, gear, O2, etc). I want a screen or screens that will provide comsuption of that data.

Again, I have no arduino experience, but have been doing a bunch of searching and reading this weekend. I'm thinking that I need an arduino, a bluetooth shield and a shield with a screen (tft/oled/not sure). The screen needs to have a very fast refresh to be useful.

Apart from tha I'm really not sure where to gt started. I'm fine with the experimenting and building incrementally (I have no idea what the data looks like coming from the ecu currently).

So, I guess I have two questions, really:
Does this sound like an acheivable project without detailed information on the ECU data?
What hardware should I use?

Thanks,
Joel

Franklin97355

Re: Hardware recommendations for a project.

Post by Franklin97355 »

For something like this I think you should look into the Raspberry Pi as a platform.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”