Adafruit TCS34725 library not up to date

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jimdinunzio

Adafruit TCS34725 library not up to date

Post by jimdinunzio »

Hi,
After using the sketch->include library->manage libraries and selecting and installing v1.01 of the TCS34725 drivers the code downloaded is not the latest available on github. The cpp file has a bug breaking the clearInterrupt() routine that is already fixed in the head revision on github. Perhaps a version 1.0.2 could be made with the latest code?

Thanks,
Jim DiNunzio

garyhlucas

Re: Adafruit TCS34725 library not up to date

Post by garyhlucas »

I found this thread searching for a problem turning off the LED on the color sensor. I have a light sensitive material and want to turn the LED on just while reading the sensor for about one second. Tying the LED pin to Pin3 output turns the LED off when writing Low to the pin but then the sensor works correctly for a short time, suddenly the colors drop way down for a short period and then goes back to normal for a longer period and this pattern repeats. Disconnect the LED pin, the light is on all the time and the problem goes away.

I tried pulling the LED pin connected to Output pin 3 high with a 10K resistor and that didn't help. I also tried tying the LED to the INT pin and using the interrupt function but I could not figure out how to code it. I am not a good enough programmer in C yet.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”