Looking for Advice for 4 Servo + BT or WIFI for camera contr

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vel0c1ty

Looking for Advice for 4 Servo + BT or WIFI for camera contr

Post by vel0c1ty »

I'm wanting to build a relatively simple 2 pan-tilt camera setup that I can control over Bluetooth or Wifi, but I'm not really sure where to start. I've been watching videos and what not, but not sure what hardware would meet the needs. It looks like there are 200 different ways to use shields or feathers + BT or WIFI. In my application I'm basically running 2 gopros up a 16' pole to record video on sports fields. It's really just there so I can adjust the PT once it gets up there. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any advice
'

saboy

Re: Looking for Advice for 4 Servo + BT or WIFI for camera c

Post by saboy »

I'm also looking for the same solution - a simple hardware solution to orientate an action camera at the top of a pole (Sony X1000V in my case)... I don't need to continuously use the pan and tilt to follow something, just a stable mechanism to point the camera in the right direction, then stay there for an hour or two without moving... Remote control via Bluetooth or wifi would be nice, but I can live with a wired option for now...

Maybe the Mini Pan-Tilt Kit might work (but there's no weight carrying or precision specs available?), but a suitable controller that's easy to assemble and use needs to be found.

Another option might be using a TT Motor All metal gearbox in some type of frame could be stable and have the holding power?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”