Arduino Uno with 1.5" OLED SSD1351 Driver - Problems reading

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
goradiar

Arduino Uno with 1.5" OLED SSD1351 Driver - Problems reading

Post by goradiar »

Hi All,

Using the example bmp sketch (File >> Examples >> Adafruit SSD1351 Library >> bmp) provided by Adafruit, I can correctly display the example image (lily128.bmp). However, if I want to grab an jpeg image from the internet and then convert that image to a bmp (128x128 pixel, 24 bit depth, file size is around 45KB), the example sketch keeps on outputting that it cannot read the file. I believe there is something wrong with the conversion...

Do you all know the correct way to convert a jpg to a bmp file and have it work with the OLED using the SSD1351 display driver, if that is what is wrong?
I had also noticed that the converted bmp file contents looks a little bit different than the lily128.bmp file via Notepad++ which leads me to believe that the bmp file is the suspect.

Thank you for your help!

goradiar

Re: Arduino Uno with 1.5" OLED SSD1351 Driver - Problems rea

Post by goradiar »

Well, I just came across the solution.
Instead of trying to use an online converter, I used MS Paint or Paint.net to resize and save as a bmp file, and it worked...
So, if anybody came across this problem, don't use an online converter.

dennisonb

Re: Arduino Uno with 1.5" OLED SSD1351 Driver - Problems rea

Post by dennisonb »

goradiar wrote:Hi All,

Using the example bmp sketch (File >> Examples >> Adafruit SSD1351 Library >> bmp) provided by Adafruit, I can correctly display the example image (lily128.bmp). However, if I want to grab an jpeg image from the internet and then convert that image to a bmp (128x128 pixel, 24 bit depth, file size is around 45KB), the example sketch keeps on outputting that it cannot read the file. I believe there is something wrong with the conversion...

Do you all know the correct way to convert a jpg to a bmp file and have it work with the OLED using the SSD1351 display driver, if that is what is wrong?
I had also noticed that the converted bmp file contents looks a little bit different than the lily128.bmp file via Notepad++ which leads me to believe that the bmp file is the suspect.

Thank you for your help!
Is it possible for you to share the wiring and code you used to make the bmp example work? I am following it but can not get it to work, (I can get the display to work, just not display bmp files).

Thank you

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”