Flora - Unable to find COM Port

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
williamwrockwell

Flora - Unable to find COM Port

Post by williamwrockwell »

Hi,

I have read several forum posts related to this issue, and none of the instructions have helped me so far unfortunately. I have successfully compiled and uploaded code for 2 Gemma devices and 1 Flora so far, but now neither a Gemma board or Flora board will connect at all, in any port, or with the use of 3 different cables (one being a brand new cable). I used to have multiple COM ports listed but now I only have the native port of COM1 visible and it is not interacting with the Flora. I am on Windows 10.

If there are any edge case tactics I can use to get this working, I surely would be grateful to hear about them. I am a bit at a loss here as it was working perfectly last time (about 3 or 4 months ago now). I just can't get Arduino to pull up any other com port and also when I go into Device manager, it only has that one port. See attached image.

I have reinstalled all of the drivers and have gone through the process for both Gemma and Flora installation but cannot seem to get it to read the device for some strange reason, and I know for a fact it was working before - and I haven't changed any settings that I am aware of. Now when I plug in either device, it does nothing. The gemma is already properly programmed and working from before, and the Flora is not programmed and hasn't yet been detected by the PC.

Thanks in advance for any help you might have.
Attachments
com1_.PNG
com1_.PNG (37.69 KiB) Viewed 148 times

williamwrockwell

Re: Flora - Unable to find COM Port

Post by williamwrockwell »

Interesting. It seems maybe my USB ports have failed in some way. When I plugged into a port at the back of the machine, it found it instantly... Simple troubleshooting, sorry if I wasted anyone's time reading this!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”