Arduino starter
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Arduino starter

by PJFox on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Hello, I am new to this DIY. I feel that the page to load sketch in the Arduino board needs to be up date or I am doing something wrong. I loaded Arduino Version 1.8.8. I than fellow the instruction as listed below. And installed the one show in the picture.

Install Adafruit_NeoPixel via Library Manager
Recent versions of the Arduino IDE (1.6.2 and later) make library installation super easy via the Library Manager interface. From the Sketch menu, > Include Library > Manage Libraries... In the text input box type in "NeoPixel". Look for "Adafruit NeoPixel by Adafruit" and select the latest version by clicking on the popup menu next to the Install button. Then click on the Install button. After it's installed, you can click the "close" button.

Moving on to:

A Simple Code Example: strandtest
Launch the Arduino IDE. From the File menu, select Sketchbook→Libraries→Adafruit_NeoPixel→strandtest No can find, after searching around I did find this: File→Examples→Examples from Custom Libraries→Adafruit Neopixel →Standtest.

Am I in the right area or am I wrong?

PJFox

Re: Arduino starter

by franklin97355 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:34 pm

You might look at this about how to do a library install Make sure you have downloaded the Neopixel library from GitHub.

franklin97355

by kcl1s on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:06 am

File→Examples→Examples from Custom Libraries→Adafruit Neopixel →Standtest.

Am I in the right area or am I wrong?

That last example path is right and is similar for all libraries. Can you link to the exact page where you found the wrong info. Adafruit support will likely want to update it.

Fellow hobbyist
Keith

kcl1s

by PJFox on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:44 am

Thank you franklin97355 and kcits for the quick reply. I have installed both by the manager and by GitHub. The results were the same. kcits That is my problem I tried to notify Support but they sent me here. I think the page just needs to be updated. https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-neopixel-uberguide/arduino-library-installation

PJFox

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.