Strandtest on WS2801 and 36mm adafuit string

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
northend

Strandtest on WS2801 and 36mm adafuit string

Post by northend »

Hi, I have a strange problem. I had a previously working set of 100 LED's until I decided to upload a new program. When I did this only 11 of the LED's could succesfully be controlled, the other 89 were static. I rebooted the PSU for the string and the Adrduino (mega 2560) and the result was 11 working LED's and 89 in the "off" state. I loaded the strandtest "as is" from the examples folder within the library and the same is happening. I am missing something stupid here but just can't see it !! Any help would be appreciated (It can't be wiring as it was fibe before - however I've attached a rough sketch). I have upgraded the arduino software from V1.6.6 to 1.8.6 during the process to, and updated the libraries..
Attachments
Arduino Wiring.JPG
Arduino Wiring.JPG (83.5 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Last edited by northend on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northend

Re: Strandtest on WS2801 and 36mm adafuit string

Post by northend »

I apologise - I changed the wiring some time ago Instead of running from one strand to the next for the full distance between LED 9 and 10 I have now wired it as a "snake" so 9 would be connected to 19, 10 to 20 etc and the LED's renumbered accordingly. This is because the long runs gave me issues when I first installed it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”