Arduno Uno WiFi rev2

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pmansvelder

Arduno Uno WiFi rev2

Post by pmansvelder »

Hello,

I am using a 2.4 inch LCD shield (mcufriend) as a prototype to build a GUI for my domotics project; in the future, I would like to use the 2.8" TFT touch shield from Adafruit from this. I developed on an Uno, but I would like to use the new 'Arduino Uno Wifi rev2' board, since it is nice and compact and has built-in Wifi while still using 5V and all the other Uno features.
I use the Adafruit libraries:

Code: Select all

#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>    // Core graphics library
#include <Adafruit_TFTLCD.h> // Hardware-specific library
However, if I try to compile the sketch for the new board, I get the error message:

Code: Select all

In file included from /Users/pmansvelder/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_TFTLCD/Adafruit_TFTLCD.cpp:19:0:
/Users/pmansvelder/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_TFTLCD/pin_magic.h:350:3: error: #error "Board type unsupported / not recognized"
  #error "Board type unsupported / not recognized"
I guess this means this new board is not supported (yet) by the libraries. As the Uno WiFi is mostly compatible with the UNO, is there a way to use the libraries anyway?

Peter Mansvelder

adafruit2

Re: Arduno Uno WiFi rev2

Post by adafruit2 »

despite being called an 'UNO' its a completely different chipset - we have no plans to support it - please ask mcufriend to add support!

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

If you can work around the 5-volt sensors you should look at the Feather M0 WINC1500 as an option.

pmansvelder

Post by pmansvelder »

Hello guys/girls, thanks for the replies, although it is a bit confusing: I was not asking for support for the mcufriend screen, my idea is to use an adafruit 2.8" touch screen to build a GUI for my domotics system, I have no special love for the mcufriend screen, it was just something I had lying around to experiment with in lieu of the 'real thing', and I was happy that it was supported by the same library that supports the Adafruit screens.
It is too bad the Uno Wifi is not supported, I assumed it would not be too complicated to modify the library, but I guess I was wrong...
About using another board, I couldn't find support for the board in my version of Arduino, but anyway, I could also use any of the Arduino M0 boards, I guess they offer about the same thing, but I have 2 problems with that:
- the 3.3 V logic, I don't want to mix my logic levels, as in the rest of my installation I use mostly Arduino Mega's with ethernet shields.
- the price level: at those price levels, i could use a raspberry pi and have a lot of extra possibilities.
I will look into the latter option, and use a touchscreen with a pi, that way I don't have problems with the libraries. Another option is to use the Arduino Uno + Ethernet shield + 2.8" touch shield.

Thanks for the advice, and keep up the good work, for me Adafruit is a dream come true, I only wish that it was easier and cheaper to get your stuff here in Europe.

Peter

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Peter, have you looked into the distributors in Europe?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”