Defective Adafruit 32u4 LoRa 915
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Defective Adafruit 32u4 LoRa 915

by dtruscott on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:45 pm

arduino pics.png
arduino pics.png (304.39 KiB) Viewed 39 times
Hello,
Invoice # 1955636
(Originally contacted 1/31/19)

I recently ordered 2 AdaFruit Featherwing Radio Fruit- 32u4 with LoRa (Among other things) and everything has been working well.

However, today, one of the boards has quit working altogether. Yesterday, it was working perfectly for development, but when I got back to class today, I could not get it to work. When it is plugged in via micro-usb to Windows 10, Windows 10 gives me the message that the device is either unrecognized or damaged. The other Radio Fruit board I received is recognized just fine with the same cord. I have two other french clones of the 32u4 Lora and those have been working fine as well.

I tried to research a few different ways of troubleshooting, but did not have any success. I'd be interested in exchanging the faulty board, but I'm not sure if there is any warranty, (purchased two weeks ago) or if I voided the warranty when I soldered the female headers onto the board. (To attach the Feather OLED in tandem.)

Thanks

dtruscott

Re: Defective Adafruit 32u4 LoRa 915

by franklin97355 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:50 am

Soldering headers on the board does not void the warranty unless you melt the board in the process. Please contact support@adafruit.com with a link to this topic and they will
get you a replacement Feather.

franklin97355

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.