Couldn't find a Board on the selected port

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
inspectorgadget

Couldn't find a Board on the selected port

Post by inspectorgadget »

I've set up Arduinos and various Tiny variants, and never had so much trouble as with this Feather.

I have the nRF52840 BT Feather. I went through the Arduino and BSP setup exactly as described on the Adafruit web page.

The instructions say NOTHING about setting of the "Programmer:" entry on the tools menu. By trial and error I got it to work with "Bootloader DFU for Bluefruit nRF52". I this correct? (Strangely enough, it also works with the setting "AVRISP mkII" which I saw on some screencaps.)

So I can upload the blinker example and I can change timing and prove that I'm uploading it. The problem is it keeps repeating this error on startup and after every upload:

"Couldn't find a Board on the selected port. Check that you have the correct port selected. If it is correct, try pressing the board's reset button after initiating the upload."

Why am I getting this? Have I set it up correctly, or not?

Regards,

John

inspectorgadget

Re: Couldn't find a Board on the selected port

Post by inspectorgadget »

This is what the output looks like when I build and upload:

Sketch uses 25236 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 815104 bytes.
Global variables use 4672 bytes (1%) of dynamic memory, leaving 244160 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 248832 bytes.
Upgrading target on COM11 with DFU package C:\Users\jhaggis\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_625977\sketch_feb12a.ino.zip. Flow control is disabled, Single bank, Touch disabled
########################################
###########
Activating new firmware
Device programmed.
Couldn't find a Board on the selected port. Check that you have the correct port selected. If it is correct, try pressing the board's reset button after initiating the upload.

steime

Post by steime »

I have the same problem.

Were you able to solve it?

I got this error message:

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Adafruit Bluefruit nRF52840 Feather Express, 0.2.6 (s140 6.1.1), Level 0 (Release)"

Sketch uses 25092 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 815104 bytes.
Global variables use 4672 bytes (1%) of dynamic memory, leaving 244160 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 248832 bytes.
Upgrading target on COM10 with DFU package C:\Users\stein\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_401627\sketch_mar18a.ino.zip. Flow control is disabled, Single bank, Touch disabled
##########
Activating new firmware
Device programmed.
Couldn't find a Board on the selected port. Check that you have the correct port selected. If it is correct, try pressing the board's reset button after initiating the upload.
Board at COM10 is not available

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

steime

Post by steime »

This is the verbose error message during the upload:

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Adafruit Bluefruit nRF52840 Feather Express, 0.2.6 (s140 6.1.1), Level 0 (Release)"

Sketch uses 25092 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 815104 bytes.
Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM8
PORTS {COM8, } / {COM8, COM9, } => {COM9, }
Found upload port: COM9
C:\Users\stein\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\nrf52\0.9.3/tools/adafruit-nrfutil/win32/adafruit-nrfutil.exe --verbose dfu serial -pkg C:\Users\stein\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_401627/sketch_mar18a.ino.zip -p COM9 -b 115200 --singlebank
Upgrading target on COM9 with DFU package C:\Users\stein\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_401627\sketch_mar18a.ino.zip. Flow control is disabled, Single bank, Touch disabled
Opened serial port COM9
Starting DFU upgrade of type 4, SoftDevice size: 0, bootloader size: 0, application size: 25540
Sending DFU start packet
Sending DFU init packet
Sending firmware file
##########
Activating new firmware

Device programmed.
DFU upgrade took 2.218473434448242s

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Can you check your version of the bootloader and update if necessary:
https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... bootloader

hathach

Post by hathach »

Make sure you download and install latedt adafruit driver as well.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”