TFT LCD Display connected to Arduino UNO - WHITE SCREEN
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

TFT LCD Display connected to Arduino UNO - WHITE SCREEN

by PLohman on Tue May 21, 2019 6:04 pm

This is the code used to simply print something on the screen, however all that is displayed is the white back light
With_Correct_Pins.ino
(914 Bytes) Downloaded 73 times

This is how the LCD display is connected to the Arduino as described on the product page
Arduino_Display.JPG
Arduino_Display.JPG (103.47 KiB) Viewed 123 times

The code itself will not compile properly and continues to display: "Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno."

Please advise

PLohman

Re: TFT LCD Display connected to Arduino UNO - WHITE SCREEN

by oesterle on Tue May 21, 2019 11:51 pm

Hi, PLohman!

I see a few issues with the code:
  • Pins TFT_RST and TFT_DC appear swapped in your code.
  • I'd change Serial.begin to use a common baud rate; Serial.begin(9600) is typical for Arduino UNO sketches.
  • If you check the Serial Monitor in the Arduino IDE, you should see your Hello message. There is no code in your sketch writing to the display, yet. Try running the graphicstest example in the tutorial, instead.
But first, since your code isn't compiling successfully, there is likely another issue with your setup. To figure that out, we need more information from the compiler. I'd turn on verbose output:
    Arduino > Preferences... > Show verbose output during: compiliation and upload
Then, try uploading again. Now you'll see much more information on what's going wrong. Feel free to select and copy all of the compiler message, and paste it here. Then highlight it and click the CODE button here, which will format it nicely.

Cheers,

Eric

oesterle

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.