Model Railroad Star Wars Project Assistance

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bloseclan

Model Railroad Star Wars Project Assistance

Post by bloseclan »

I am just starting to get into Arduino’s in order to add animation to model railroad modules.

I am working on a project that will be a Star Wars’ Death Star trench run setup. I will have an x-wing, an advanced tie fighter, and a death star cannon involved. My goal is the following:

a. Push button to start the sequence.
b. LED lights for the x-wing and tie fighter engines (will have fiber optics to the actual vehicles) light up.
c. Sound clip starts of the trench run sequence
d. At W point in time of the sound clip the advanced tie fighter cannons blink
e. At X point in time of the sound clip the death star cannon fires
f. At Y point in time of the sound clip the x-wing tie fighter torpedo shoots. This is run from an electronics module produced by another manufacturer. Basically it will flash two lights.
g. At Z point in time of the sound clip a light flashes once when the torpedo “hits”.
h. The sequence ends.

I have been reading up on your products but am unsure which of your sound shields/devices would best work for me for this project.

I am searching for Arduino sketches to pull pieces from to produce the sketch I will need.

Any suggestions and/or recommendations you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

My electronics knowledge dates back to high school in the mid 1970’s, so am having a steep learning curve.

V/R

Todd Blose

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Model Railroad Star Wars Project Assistance

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I'd suggest one of the Fx sound boards and an Arduino to keep the time and trigger the sounds and lights.
https://www.adafruit.com/?q=fx

bloseclan

Post by bloseclan »

The sound and light function would run independently? If so I assume the "trigger" would start the Fx Sound board and the Arduino sketch?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The Arduino would do the timing and coordinate the lights and sounds.

The FX board can play recorded sound clips based on a digital signal trigger - or a serial command. The Arduino is capable of generating either of those.

Most common LEDs can be driven directly from an Arduino pin. We also have multi-channel LED drivers if you run out of pins on the Arduino.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/1455
https://www.adafruit.com/product/1429

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”