DY50 Fingerprint
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

DY50 Fingerprint

by aleadsk on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:34 pm

Hello everyone, I would like to ask you a simple question, I'm a beginner in studying Arduino, I would like to know if using the DY50 biometric sensor (link: https://www.adafruit.com/product/751), I can read the "finger.getImage ()" method and then send the image that I captured to a cloud server, without assining any ID. The idea is that the image that I captured and sent to the server, will be compared to a new one, then I could know if a person is authorized

aleadsk

Re: DY50 Fingerprint

by adafruit_support_bill on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:15 am

You can send the image to a server. But that will not accomplish what you are looking for. Matching fingerprints is not as simple as just comparing 2 images - since no 2 images of the same fingerprint will be identical down to the pixel level.

The algorithms in the device analyze the images and identify specific characteristics of the fingerprint. It is these characteristics that are compared. If you want to perform matching at the server, then you will need to implement code to analyze the images and identify unique fingerprint characteristics for comparison.

adafruit_support_bill

by aleadsk on Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:30 pm

Thank you for the reply, what do you suggest to make this project in the way that I described? Do you know the algorithms ?

aleadsk

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:35 am

There are a number of open-source fingerprint identification projects out there. I do not have any hands-on experience with them:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fingerp ... ing+algori

adafruit_support_bill

by aleadsk on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:16 pm

thank you for attention

aleadsk

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.