Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

TCS34725 Incorrect Reading With ESP32 Deep Sleep
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

TCS34725 Incorrect Reading With ESP32 Deep Sleep

by WhyTryMyGuy on Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Hello! I am trying to read the TCS34725 colour sensor using I2C with the ESP32. In the beginning, I was initializing, enabling and running the sensor every time the ESP32 woke up from deep sleep, without disabling it afterwards. While the readings were correct, this caused the current consumption to be very high in deep sleep (approximately 250uA). I changed the code such that the sensor was only being initialized once when the ESP32 first powers on and then just enabling/disabling the sensor for subsequent power cycles. The current consumption in deep sleep dropped to approximately 6uA but the values read were incorrect. I even tried to initialize, enable, run and then disable the sensor every power cycle but the values were wrong and the current consumption was approximately 250uA. I would appreciate it if someone could help me figure out the issue here and why I am not able to achieve correct readings while minimizing deep sleep current.

WhyTryMyGuy

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.