Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

How to disable pin 13 LED with Music Maker
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

How to disable pin 13 LED with Music Maker

by GoremanX on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:52 pm

I've been trying to hunt down an annoying audible noise in the output of the Music Maker featherwing mounted on a Feather 328p. It's not very loud, but it's very noticeable at low volume levels when using an external speaker amplifier. One of the things I'm exploring is the LED light on the Feather, the noise seems to correspond to it lighting up. I've tried turning it off with:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
    pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
    digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW);

But that doesn't seem to work, it looks like the Music Maker featherwing controls that pin directly and the LED still comes on. In fact it looks like it pulses that LED at exactly the most annoying, audible frequency.

Is there a way to completely disable that light in software without pulling it off the board? Do I need to modify the vs1053 library?

GoremanX

Re: How to disable pin 13 LED with Music Maker

by GoremanX on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:26 pm

I ended up pulling off the LED by desoldering it. It didn't help with the noise in the audio signal. Also removed the amber power LED (which also pulses at precisely that frequency), also did not help :(

GoremanX

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.