Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Hooking up a Playground Express to Arduino UNO
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Hooking up a Playground Express to Arduino UNO

by criddy on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:48 am

Hello everyone,

I am a complete newbie to programming and device setup. I wanted to hook up my playground express to my Arduino Uno board to practice messing around with code, but I feel I am doing something wrong

Troubleshooting I have done:
I hooked up the GND and 3.5 from the playground express to the Arduino and got power so there is that haha.
I matched the A1 pin on the PE to the Arduino UNO board.
I installed the the Playground express on the Arduino just fine, but under COM it just has com 5 listed, but I can't select Playground express.
I tried running a blink script, but kept erroring out.

Any help for this newbie would be grateful or if this is the wrong place to post could you direct me to the right place.

Thanks
Criddy

criddy

Re: Hooking up a Playground Express to Arduino UNO

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:08 am

It would help if you could describe what you would like to achieve by connecting the two boards.

Have you tested to make sure that each of the two boards work OK independently?

adafruit_support_bill

by criddy on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:52 pm

They both work and do what they are supposed to do.

As I stated I am not trying to do anything in particular. I just want to make sure I am hooking it up to the Arduino Board correctly. Since I could not find anything online on hooking them up together I figured I would come here.

criddy

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:40 am

The way to hook them up will depend on what you are trying to do with them.

I hooked up the GND and 3.5 from the playground express to the Arduino and got power so there is that haha.

If you want to communicate from one to the other, you will need a common ground connection and one or more connections between GPIO pins.
If you want them to share a power source, you need to do a little planning to make sure you don't damage anything.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.