Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

FONA 808 no GPS & gibberish input
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

FONA 808 no GPS & gibberish input

by Nalkar on Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi,

i got the Adafruit Fona808 v2 for a university project and i'm using it with an Arduino, but i'm having trouble getting it to work.
Here is a picture of my wiring.

rsz_img_3715.jpg
rsz_img_3715.jpg (401.28 KiB) Viewed 44 times
rsz_fona808.jpg
rsz_fona808.jpg (117.39 KiB) Viewed 44 times

I'm using the Adafruit example sketch. The Fona808 connects without problem and the inserted sim card seems to work, since i called the number and i could answer with the Fona. The problems is that i can't send any SMS or call any numbers from my Fona, because when i want to put a phonenumber in the Serial Command line it doesnt register it. Only after 2-3 tries of putting something in, there comes a reaction and the output is something like " Send to ##⸮0L⸮⸮8M⸮21M⸮01M&&⸮9⸮⸮5⸮"

rsz_img_1848.jpg
rsz_img_1848.jpg (154.39 KiB) Viewed 44 times

It's the same when i try to send an SMS or put the text in. BAUD is set to 115200 and other inputs like "b" for battery or "n" for network status work fine.

GPS doesnt work either. I read about the "x" fix command, but it always answers with "no fix" and the GPS Output is wrong.
I read in another thread to wait for 30 min since the last cold start, but it doesnt do anything different for me.

Thank you very much in advance!

Nalkar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.