Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

AHRSCalibration Error
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

AHRSCalibration Error

by ZagsAtAdafruit on Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:38 pm

Hi,

I am trying to perform a calibration with an ESP32 and a 9DOF FXOS8700+FXAS21002 board and I am getting the following error:

Arduino: 1.8.10 (Mac OS X), Board: "ESP32 Dev Module, Disabled, Default, 240MHz (WiFi/BT), QIO, 80MHz, 4MB (32Mb), 921600, None"

AHRScalibration:23:29: error: cannot declare variable 'cal' to be of abstract type 'Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration'
Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration cal;
^
In file included from /Users/richard/Documents/Arduino/Programs/AHRScalibration/AHRScalibration.ino:13:0:
/Users/richard/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration/Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration.h:19:7: note: because the following virtual functions are pure within 'Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration':
class Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration {
^
/Users/richard/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration/Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration.h:30:16: note: virtual bool Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration::saveCalibration()
virtual bool saveCalibration(void) = 0;
^
/Users/richard/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration/Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration.h:33:16: note: virtual bool Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration::loadCalibration()
virtual bool loadCalibration(void) = 0;
^
/Users/richard/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration/Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration.h:36:16: note: virtual bool Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration::printSavedCalibration()
virtual bool printSavedCalibration(void) = 0;
^
/Users/richard/Documents/Arduino/Programs/AHRScalibration/AHRScalibration.ino: In function 'void setup()':
AHRScalibration:36:12: error: 'class Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration' has no member named 'begin'
if (!cal.begin()) {
^
exit status 1
cannot declare variable 'cal' to be of abstract type 'Adafruit_Sensor_Calibration'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

ZagsAtAdafruit

Re: AHRSCalibration Error

by ZagsAtAdafruit on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:26 pm

Ooops, never mind I was using an older version of the example. I have now moved the problem along though. It compiles and begins to run and then reboots. I will post as a new message.

ZagsAtAdafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.