Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Arduino no COM port
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Arduino no COM port

by kpurzycki on Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:41 pm

HI I have a Arduino Uno that when I attach the the UNO with USB Cable I do not find a usable com port in tools only Com 1 port?

With the USB cable is attached to the UNO the LED flashes and the power LED is lit. When I press reset the LED blinks??
The problem is I can not verify or upload a sketch
Does anyone know what is wrong.

kpurzycki

Re: Arduino no COM port

by kcl1s on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:22 pm

Some USB cables are charge only. You need to verify you have a data USB cable.

Another cause is if your Arduino is an far east clone you may have to find a driver for your computer.

Fellow hobbyist
Keith

kcl1s

Re: Arduino no COM port

by kpurzycki on Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:47 pm

I have several genuine Arduino Uno's They all work with the same USB cable. According to Windows Device manager all Com ports are working and drivers are all up to date. I also tried different computers as well as cables and none were capable of attaching to a Arduino Com port. I know when you first powerup a brand new Arduino on a new computer the Arduino software places a Arduino compatible com port on the computer.

When I power up the Arduino everything looks normal the Led flashes and the Power LED lights. I got a response from which thinks the Memory or RAM some how corrupted and that I may have to reinstall Arduino Soft ware. I investigated and using the boot burner looks like a night mare. I have question. I saw on Adafruit Website that they sell to Chip loaded with Arduino. I was wondering if it would be possible to simply remove my chip and replace it with the pre loaded Chip from Adafruit.

What do you think

kpurzycki

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.