Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Using Arduino to receive data from BLE devices
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Using Arduino to receive data from BLE devices

by trainriders on Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:57 pm

I'm looking for ideas/pointers. My goal is to create a recording temperature device that reads temps from multiple BLE beacons and records the data on an SD card. The device will be located remotely and data retrieved monthly from the SD card. So far I've got an Arduino UNO (Adafruit Metro) running such that it wakes up periodically (using a TPL5111) and stores the data from an TMP36. I'd like to be able to connect to a BLE temp beacon (like a https://www.oemblue.com/sensor_beacons/ ... ensor.html) and read its data to store.

The difficulty I'm encountering is finding HW and Arduino libraries that will support BLE connections to a BLE server as a BLE client. I find devices like the Adafruit nRF52840 devices that enable me to create a BLE server to communicate with a phone or other device but little/no info on creating the other half of the Bluetooth LE connection on a low power device like the Arduino. I've also tried using a nRF24L01 BLE radio connected to the Arduino but it appears to not support a full BLE connection to other devices (just transmits/receives simple Advertising packets). I'm not strongly tied to the Arduino, so if there's another low power device with BLE client support, let me know too.

Thanks,
-John

trainriders

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.