Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Adafruit 2.8"TFT Capacative Touchscreen Only Displays White
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit 2.8"TFT Capacative Touchscreen Only Displays White

by ProcEng on Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:46 pm

I am trying to use an Adafruit 2.8" TFT capacative touch screen on an Arduino Mega 2560 but I cannot get it to display anything other than a white screen after uploading examples. The screen is good and works on an UNO R3 but uploading the same program to a Mega 2560 only displays a white screen. I know some of the pins are in different locations between the UNO and MEGA but any sort of pin config I try doesn't work.

Following along on Adafruits website basically says plug it into the MEGA, download the libraries, and run the graphicstest example and it should work but it only displays a white screen. If I run the same example on the UNO it works fine.

I have already done all of my programming on an UNO R3 while waiting on my MEGA to come in so I would like to stay with the current libraries I have if at all possible. I am currently using:

SPI.h
Wire.h
Adafruit_GFX.h
Adafruit_ILI9341.h
Adafruit_FT6206.h

I can probably manage to get my code working if I can figure out how to get my screen to display anything. If anyone can help me figure out how to get the graphicstest example working in the ILI9341 library I would greatly appreciate it.

Board: https://www.sunfounder.com/mega-2560-co ... duino.html
Screen: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1947

I have been at this for the better part of 2 days with countless libraries and pin/parameter testing so I figure it would be easiest to just go back to basics and try to get an example program to run. Thanks for any assistance.
Attachments
graphicstest.ino
(9.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet

ProcEng

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.