Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

How to connect Arduino Uno to Featherwing Latching Relay
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

How to connect Arduino Uno to Featherwing Latching Relay

by Ningensu on Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:03 am

I recently bought an Adafruit featherwing latching relay and after staring at the relay's datasheet and Adafruits product page for an hour or so I still can't figure out how to connect my arduino uno to it to control it. If I could just get a very simple explanation of what pin goes to what, from the Arduino Uno to the input of the relay, with nothing extra in between, I think I will be able to understand. I'm also a little unsure of the voltage and amperage I need to supply to the input of the relay, I believe it's 3v and 50milliamps, is that correct? Thanks in advance.

Ningensu

Re: How to connect Arduino Uno to Featherwing Latching Relay

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:55 am

You need connections for GND, 3.3v and whichever pin you elect to use as your signal pin to control the relay. You can wire the signal jumper directly to the "signal" solder pad next to the reset button.

adafruit_support_bill

by Ningensu on Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:34 pm

Is it safe to connect the 5 volt output of the arduino directly to the "set" and "unset" pins, or do I need to first drop the voltage to 3 volts?

Ningensu

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:08 pm

A 5v signal is OK for these.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.