Supporting Adafruit

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
eraaen

Supporting Adafruit

Post by eraaen »

I read somewhere that buying directly from Adafruit is a good way to support your excellent software support for your products, so I just did.
I noticed that I was directed to "Amazon Buy" to pay. I have Amazon Prime, so I would have saved $10 in shipping had I bought them from Amazon.

Would you encourage me to continue to buy directly from you, or is buying from your Amazon store good enough?

jim_lee

Re: Supporting Adafruit

Post by jim_lee »

You been out of the loop for awhile? Adafruit has shut down because of the virus. I'm betting they are being helpful in redirecting you to somewhere that may still have their stuff in stock. Also try Digikey.

-jim lee

eraaen

Post by eraaen »

Well, now I'm getting too far off topic for this forum, but does that mean the order that I placed today on Adafruit.com isn't coming?
Also, didn't answer my question - does it make much difference where I buy Adafruit products?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

@eraaen - If you placed your order directly with us, shipment will be delayed. NYC is currently shut-down due to COVID-19. We have just obtained classification as an "Essential Service", but that means we are filling orders for heal-care professionals and urgent needs only at this point. We are also devoting our manufacturing facilities to the production of face shields and medical electronics.
https://blog.adafruit.com/2020/03/22/covid/

Many of our distributors are still in full operation and larger ones such as DigiKey do maintain a substantial inventory of Adafruit parts. Yea, we may have a little more margin on direct sales. But we are comfortable with our reseller arrangements. We especially appreciate their support in times like these. And we appreciate your support of them too.

leeselectronic

Post by leeselectronic »

Hi,

We are your distributor (Lee's Electronics Component (2005) Ltd.) We placed an order on May 22, 2020 (order id: 2297061-4840708006) and it is still processing. We noticed that you are now considered essential business and that you will prioritize Covid-19 related purchase first, but do you have any idea when the order will be shipped out.

Regards,
Lee's Electronics

adafruit_support

Post by adafruit_support »

thanks for the order and support, due to COVID and the recent curfews in NYC, as well as delays in general for our city and state for getting some products and supplies it may take longer for a reseller order to ship, the estimates that are displayed on the site are approx. 20 business days. we appreciate the support and patience.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”