Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

arduino multiple led strip
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

arduino multiple led strip

by cmppc on Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:12 am

hi, i have 2 questions related to neopixel led strip and arduino.

1. what is the best arduino for controlling several meter of led with best timing animation. i have 5 meters but i'm planning to buy 2 or 3 more meter (60 led per meter) + few feet of cable between the arduino and led.

2. in one of your tutorial you said to keep the data cable thin as possible. what happen exactly if the cable is too big? is 18-20 gauge too big for data cable?

tanks you

cmppc

Re: arduino multiple led strip

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:40 am

1. what is the best arduino for controlling several meter of led with best timing animation. i have 5 meters but i'm planning to buy 2 or 3 more meter (60 led per meter) + few feet of cable between the arduino and led.

60 * 8 meters is 480 leds. That is approaching the memory limits of an Arduino UNO. But one of the M0 boards would have plenty of memory for 480 pixels: https://www.adafruit.com/product/3505

2. in one of your tutorial you said to keep the data cable thin as possible. what happen exactly if the cable is too big? is 18-20 gauge too big for data cable?

Can you post a link to the tutorial you are referring to? The data wire does not carry much current, so wire gauge is generally not critical. But it is best to keep it short. More than 2 or 3 feet between the processor and the first pixel can be a problem.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.