Gemma, Neopixels, and LIS3DH
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Gemma, Neopixels, and LIS3DH

by newpaen on Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:22 am

Hello!

I'm trying to make 2 neopixels flicker red/orange (like tiny fires) a few times in response to a sudden movement then turn off again. I feel like I should be able to do with with the Gemma, Flora Neopixels and LIS3DH accelerometer that I have, but I just can't figure out how to program it. I've done a similar thing on my circuit playground and with circuit python, but I'm hitting a wall with arduino code and Gemma.

So here are my questions:
1) will the Gemma and LIS3DH even work together?
2) is there a tutorial already around that I can just simply tweak the code from? (I've looked and haven't found any yet!)
3) do I really need to just upgrade my hardware to use makecode/circuitpython or something like that?

I'm a novice programmer, but I've cobbled together a few projects that have worked. I've been able to successfully write basic Arduino neopixel code to the Gemma. So I know that the Gemma and the Neopixels work. I don't know if the LIS3DH works, or if I've miswired it, or if my code is just wrong. And I certainly haven't been able to use all at once!!

I feel like this should be easy, for someone who knows more code than I do...

Any and all advice would be appreciated!! Thanks so much! - Kiel

newpaen

Re: Gemma, Neopixels, and LIS3DH

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:17 am

The LIS3DH should work fine with the Gemma. Please post some photos showing all of your connections. Also please post the code you are using.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.