White screen on new display
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

White screen on new display

by mpatrikm on Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:46 am

Hallo team.

I bought two displays from Adafruit in last six years.That first one working correctly up to now.So I decided to buy exactly same (8-bit mode) one in case of any issues with old one.When I recieved Your second 2.8" TFT LCD with Touchscreen Breakout Board w/MicroSD Socket (ILI9341) [ID:1770] = $29.95 I didnt have time to try it.Now I can see this.I followed all instructions on your web site learn.adafruit but I still have white screen on new dispaly.If I put new display in socket for old one it has also white screen.If I have all wirring from your web site with old display everything graphictest works fine.So that meens wirring and Arduino uno is fine with same library for old display but for a new one not.

Thanks for any help.Patrik

mpatrikm

Re: White screen on new display

by mikeysklar on Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:55 pm

Thanks for providing the product ID. Oddly enough it is still unclear to me if you are using the Capacitive or the Resistive model. Are the markings any different on the two displays? What time frame were they purchased apart from each other? I see our last changes on either model for the board files shows 5 years ago.

You could try a current release for the Arduino IDE + library. I am curious if there is any configuration settings on the display itself that might be relevant.

Would you mind posting some 800x600 photos of the two board backsides as there are various jumpers and mode settings that could be relevant.

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.