It's Holiday Sale Weekend at Adafruit - use the code ADATY to get 15% off items storewide! Some restrictions apply.
0

New Mega 2560 - failed to leave programming mode
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: New Mega 2560 - failed to leave programming mode

by T2p2 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Hello everyone.
I have the same issues.

I have tried several 2560s (4), 3 Unos , several USB cables for both models.
The old 2560 and Uno were both working ok the last time I used them late last year.

I downloaded the new IDE software and that , I believe, is when my troubles started.
I am using an XP.

I hope the fix is not simply giving a replacement unit. As I have indicated earlier, I did that several times with the 2560s and Unos.

I will be watching this thread. I hope somebody will figure out what is going on.

T2p2

T2p2
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: New Mega 2560 - failed to leave programming mode

by T2p2 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:19 pm

ralphs18 wrote:I had the same problem, But I was able to get it to work when I discovered that I was using the wrong COM, I was using Com3 when my Arduino was using COM8. Once I change to the correct COM it work fine. Plug in your Arduino, then go to your device manager and check which COM your Adruino is using and then open your IDE and make sure your setting are set to that COM.


Hi Ralph ,
Did exactly the same procedure. It did not solve my problem.
I will continue to watch this thread. It looks like the problem is widespread.

T2p2

T2p2
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: New Mega 2560 - failed to leave programming mode

by tahoe7777 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:14 pm

It looks like these posts are very old but we were just having this same problem and googled it and this forum came up. We tried reinstalling the driver but that did not fix our problem. Then I happened to notice while going through the process of reinstalling the driver that the Arduino board was on COM5 but in the software it showed it being on COM3. I switched the setting in the software under the tools menu to COM5 and now it worked! We are able to upload from the program to the board so I wanted to share this in case it can help someone in the future!

tahoe7777
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:10 pm

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.