RF52840 Sense Example - Connect and Send Data to Bluefruit C

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mcotteleer

RF52840 Sense Example - Connect and Send Data to Bluefruit C

Post by mcotteleer »

Friends,

This is my first Bluetooth attempt and it is defeating me. I have a RF52840 Sense and Bluefruit Connect on my IoS device. I have successfully connected the two using the Beacon example.

What I cannot seem to do is find an example of code that will allow met to pass basic sensor data to the App. Inevitably, what I have come up will fails to compile or freezes the board.

1) Can anyone please point me to example code that would let me connect and pass data tot he RF52840 Sense? [/color] My specific interest is the accelerometer and magnometer, but I would take any example that actually reads and displays a sensor.

2) If you can help, can you please help me understand which libraries I need to include (this often seems to be a problem).

3) Can anyone point me to a book or website that will help me understand the basic programming language/commands for Bluefruit applications?

Thank you!!!! I would really appreciate the assistance.

mikeysklar

Re: RF52840 Sense Example - Connect and Send Data to Bluefru

Post by mikeysklar »

@mcotteleer,

I find the Arduino libraries and code a little more difficult. Have you considered using CircuitPython with your Feather Sense? It is a little more direct.

Were you able to load the UART example? That will be the easiest way to send data phone <--> Feather Sense.

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... controller

"Getting Started with Bluetooth" is the book on this topic:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/1978

mcotteleer

Re: RF52840 Sense Example - Connect and Send Data to Bluefru

Post by mcotteleer »

Thank you!!!

I will look into this book and CircuitPython (don't know much about that at all). I was able to load the UART example and see a connection. Was also able to send a message from the board to the Serial Port on my desktop. Just cannot see how to actually pass data. Also concerned that in fumbling around with it, I have somehow messed up the Bootloader (not sure how that matters).

At this point I would also consider paying for some coaching if such a thing exists!!! Stay tuned!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”