Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

Error building "hidkeyboard" example on linux
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Error building "hidkeyboard" example on linux

by rambi on Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:42 pm

Hi !

I cloned the adafruit nRF51 repo https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51 on my linux machine.

I wanted to build a project using arduino-cli
I already managed to use the hid-usb functionnality: I transformed my 32U4 feather into a mini keyboard.

But then I wanted to do it via bluetooth.

To avoid the include errors, I replaced `#include <Adafruit_BluefruitLE_UART.h` by `#include "Adafruit_BluefruitLE_UART.h"`

But when I try to build the example, I get the following error :

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
arduino-cli compile --fqbn adafruit:avr:feather32u4 adafruit:avr

/tmp/ccuINvXi.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI::flush()':
/home/rambi/Arduino/hidkeyboard/Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI.cpp:507: undefined reference to `Adafruit_FIFO::clear()'
/tmp/ccuINvXi.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI::getResponse()':
/home/rambi/Arduino/hidkeyboard/Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI.cpp:536: undefined reference to `Adafruit_FIFO::write_n(void const*, unsigned int)'
/tmp/ccuINvXi.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI::peek()':
/home/rambi/Arduino/hidkeyboard/Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI.cpp:478: undefined reference to `Adafruit_FIFO::peek(void*)'
/home/rambi/Arduino/hidkeyboard/Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI.cpp:495: undefined reference to `Adafruit_FIFO::peek(void*)'
/tmp/ccuINvXi.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI::read()':
/home/rambi/Arduino/hidkeyboard/Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI.cpp:444: undefined reference to `Adafruit_FIFO::read(void*)'
/home/rambi/Arduino/hidkeyboard/Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI.cpp:461: undefined reference to `Adafruit_FIFO::read(void*)'
/tmp/ccuINvXi.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI::simulateSwitchMode()':
/home/rambi/Arduino/hidkeyboard/Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI.cpp:196: undefined reference to `Adafruit_FIFO::write(void const*)'
/home/rambi/Arduino/hidkeyboard/Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI.cpp:197: undefined reference to `Adafruit_FIFO::write_n(void const*, unsigned int)'
/tmp/ccuINvXi.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `global constructors keyed to 65535_0_Adafruit_ATParser.cpp.o.3433':
<artificial>:(.text.startup+0x9a): undefined reference to `Adafruit_FIFO::Adafruit_FIFO(void*, unsigned int, unsigned char, bool)'
/tmp/ccuINvXi.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `flush':
/home/rambi/Arduino/hidkeyboard/Adafruit_BluefruitLE_SPI.cpp:507: undefined reference to `Adafruit_FIFO::clear()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I checked all the headers and cpp files, but I can't find where is the bug.
Can someone help me ?

rambi

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.