Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

EPD Library for Arduino
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: EPD Library for Arduino

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon May 03, 2021 1:07 pm

I'm not seeing that right away either. The actual display update does things that may look like that maybe? That would happen when display.display() is called. But after a few seconds of stuff happening, it should stop and just show the expected contents for ~15 seconds before doing another display change (and seeing similar stuff happen each time).

adafruit_support_carter

by mamcgu on Mon May 03, 2021 5:39 pm

I believe you are right. Thanks again. Seems like the software has to coax these tiny beads into the right position with many urges.

mamcgu

by JoeV2370 on Sat May 15, 2021 5:43 pm

I have a 2.9" Graysacle E-ink Featherwing plugged into a Feather M0 Basic Proto. The ThinkInk_gray4 example works fine with the _290_ object instantiated and with EPD_BUSY and EPD_RESET set to -1, but the ThinkInk_partial example doesn't work unless I also set SRAM_CS to -1 (and insert a delay at the end of loop()). If I leave SRAM_CS set to 6, the fourth character becomes just a blob of noise.

My conclusion from the _gray4 example is that all the hardware, including the SPI RAM is working fine, so the failure with the _partial example must have something to do with the EPD library displayPartial sram code, which is way over my head. Any thoughts on this? I will need the extra ram for my project, so if I can't get the SPI sram to work I'll have to upgrade to a Feather M4.

I'm using Adafruit_EPD 4.4.0, but this version is perhaps suspect since the the commented-out code at the end of loop() in ThinkInk_partial really needs that delay(3000), and the fillRect() works with EPD_LIGHT, not EPD_WHITE.

JoeV2370

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon May 17, 2021 11:00 am

@JoeV2370 Please start a new thread for your question.

adafruit_support_carter

by JoeV2370 on Mon May 17, 2021 12:32 pm

Would love to start a new thread, but have looked all over and can't find how to do that. Can't even find a "help" topic.

JoeV2370

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.