Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

Best LCD for Arduino Photo Frame Project
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Best LCD for Arduino Photo Frame Project

by Josh_Litiholo on Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:47 pm

I am working on a project where i am creating a mini photo frame that pulls bitmap images off of an SD card and displays them onto an LCD. Wanted to know what would be the best LCD to use for this project. I intend to use Arduino as the software program/ for coding.

Josh_Litiholo

Re: Best LCD for Arduino Photo Frame Project

by blnkjns on Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:39 pm

Does it have to be really tiny? Under 3 inch this is a decent route I believe, you can get tiny 320x240 IPS displays that are reasonably nice. Make sure you get IPS, other panels are not recommended for photos. But if you need bigger, I think you're better off with an old phone and a web-based solution. For example a Lumia 930. It has a 5 inch FullHD AMOLED display that is more beautiful than the one in the latest iPhone 12, yet you can get such a phone for 40 bucks, and it already comes with a lovely designed frame. Phone screens are ALWAYS better quality than anything DIY. For example white background LED's used are seriously limiting colour gamut in the DIY scene. Even an iPhone 1 screen is better than what you can buy as DIY product today.

blnkjns

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.