Arduino Wave Shield Voice Changer. Can anyone help?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Arduino Wave Shield Voice Changer. Can anyone help?

by seanterry044 on Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:28 pm

Hi,
I have just purchased an Arduino uno and wave shield, along with a microphone and speaker to make a voice changer. my problem is that I have zero experience with Arduino. my question is do I need to learn to code or is there a file I can download? if there is, how do I install it?
Thanks in Advance:
www.voicemailgreetings.me

seanterry044

Re: Arduino Wave Shield Voice Changer. Can anyone help?

by blnkjns on Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:40 am

Guess you have been misinformed about the possibilities with the UNO. Did you see the FAQ?
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-wav ... rduino/faq
There are a couple of issues with your parts:
The Wave shield is JUST for sample playback from the SD card. Nothing else. It is not a DAC you can use for outputting audio generated on the Arduino
Second problems is that the UNO does not have the horsepower to do voice modification. Maybe it can in a low-fi way, but it does not have the power to process real time 16-bit Audio, nor the RAM to store it in the mean time (you need some RAM to apply the filters on samples).
I think when it comes to needed horsepower, you have to look at the Itsy Bitsy M4 or something similar. That board has RAM, speed and dual-DAC's to output audio, and ADC's to input audio. You would need a microphone and simple pre-amp with that. There are tons of Teensy audio processing libraries that will run on the Itsy Bitsy M4.

blnkjns

by adafruit_support_bill on Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:09 am

We do have a voice-changer project based on the UNO and Wave Shield here: https://learn.adafruit.com/wave-shield-voice-changer
It is sort of an advanced project and it stretched the UNO to its limits. But there is example code and step-by-step instructions

adafruit_support_bill

by blnkjns on Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:24 am

Awesome. In a good will-it-play-doom tradition....

blnkjns

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.