2.2" 18-bit color TFT LCD display with microSD card breakout

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
timmyhlee

2.2" 18-bit color TFT LCD display with microSD card breakout

Post by timmyhlee »

I recently purchased two 2.2" 18-bit color TFT LCD display with microSD card breakout (ID: 1480)

The products were shipped to me and I received them, and upon wiring them up and trying to display images on them I realized that one of my LCD displays is defective. I was able to verify this because I wired each display the same way and ran the code through them exactly the same, and one of them worked perfectly and the other one will not turn on no matter what. I was wondering what the process was to replace this defective product?
Thank you, and please let me know what's possible.

***I've checked, double-checked, triple-checked. My wiring is correct - the exact wiring on my second LCD display was the same and that display lights up and shows the bmp image file I inserted into it. This is not a wiring issue but a display one.
Attachments
IMG_4949.JPG
IMG_4949.JPG (308.11 KiB) Viewed 153 times
IMG_4950.JPG
IMG_4950.JPG (796.3 KiB) Viewed 153 times

dastels

Re: 2.2" 18-bit color TFT LCD display with microSD card brea

Post by dastels »

So you have one display plugged into the breadboard and everything works, pull that display out and put the other in and it doesn't work?

Dave

timmyhlee

Post by timmyhlee »

Hi Dave,

Yes that's correct. One display works perfectly fine and as expected but the other one just remains a black screen when I swap it out. I even tried wiring it on a separate breadboard to mimic the circuit of the display that works, and that still hasn't resolved my problem. As you can see, on my Arduino serial monitor the image is being successfully uploaded.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Thanks for confirming.

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one 2.2" 18-bit color TFT LCD display with microSD card breakout.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”