Adafuit TinyUSB on Arduino M0

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dpit

Adafuit TinyUSB on Arduino M0

Post by dpit »

I have been looking at the Adafruit TinyUSB library for a MIDI project I'm working on. It looks like it has everything I need.
I've tried building the midi_test example in PlatformIO using the build_flags = -DUSE_TINYUSB for my Arduino M0 board, but I keep getting errors. The problems I'm seeing are as shown in the screenshot below.
Has anyone managed to get this working on an Arduino M0 board?
What am I missing?
Screenshot 2021-10-06 190400.png
Screenshot 2021-10-06 190400.png (34.67 KiB) Viewed 275 times

westfw

Re: Adafuit TinyUSB on Arduino M0

Post by westfw »

It compiles fine from the Arduino IDE.
I'd suspect that in addition to -DUSE_TINYUSB, you need to do something to exclude the non-tiny USB code from the PlatformIO build.
(although, I'm not sure TinyUSB is supported on an Arduino M0 board. Perhaps you can lie and compile a metro m0 Express image instead...)

Please don't post pictures of error messages; cut and paste a more complete log (in code tags) instead.

dpit

Re: Adafuit TinyUSB on Arduino M0

Post by dpit »

Thanks for the feedback.

I've tried a few things since my initial attempts. Firstly, the midi_test example compiles in the Arduino IDE without any issues provided I select an Adafruit board, in my case, I used the Feather M0 board. Selecting the Arduino M0 board and setting a build flag in a boards.local.txt file, results in a fail. So maybe the Arduino M0 board just won't work with this library.

Returning to Platformio I tried to do the same midi_test example build with the Feather M0 board selected and with a build flag -D USE_TINYUSB in the Platformio.ini file. This again failed. It seems that Platformio is not tolerant of non C++ coding conventions. See attached errors text.

Since I'm not familiar enough with all this. I might just have to move onto using another, less capable library, unless someone has any ideas on how to resolve this.
Attachments
Errors.pdf
(95.5 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”