1.8 " TFT Solid White

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mubachs

1.8 " TFT Solid White

Post by mubachs »

I just received a 1.8" TFT display. Upon plugging it in and running the ST7735 graphic test example code, the screed worked for a minute then turned solid white. I had this issue in the past with another screen and it needed to be replaced so I figure this one will need to be also.

mikeysklar

Re: 1.8 " TFT Solid White

Post by mikeysklar »

When you restart the controller either soft reset or full power off / on does it initially come back or stay white?

Is there anything of interest on the serial console?

mubachs

Post by mubachs »

I let it sit for a couple days and now right when I plug it in it displays like it is supposed to until I upload new code to it then it goes white. To get it to display I have to leave it unplugged for 15ish minutes.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Are you adding enough of a delay on startup?

https://learn.adafruit.com/1-8-tft-disp ... leshooting
Display does not work on initial power but does work after a reset.

The display driver circuit needs a small amount of time to be ready after initial power. If your code tries to write to the display too soon, it may not be ready. It will work on reset since that typically does not cycle power. If you are having this issue, try adding a small amount of delay before trying to write to the display.

In Arduino, use delay() to add a few milliseconds before calling tft.begin(). Adjust the amount of delay as needed to see how little you can get away with for your specific setup.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”