WS2813 LED TUBES

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
joaquinm003

WS2813 LED TUBES

Post by joaquinm003 »

Hi, i am thinking in make led tubes with ws2813 led strips
Like that:
(FOTO 5)
Every tube have an input and output
Connected like that photo:
(FOTO1)

The first problem is that the ws2813 led strips if two LEDs burns consecutive, the rest of the LED strip after the two consecutive burned LEDs stop working , i lost all the tubes if this happen.
(I cant Weld leds or change the tube, because its in the ceiling)
Leaving the whole setup like this:
(FOTO2)

I can do this?
(FOTO3)
In this photo what I do is that the data pin of the LEDs is directly connected to the Arduino and does not pass through the rest of the LED strips of the other tubes, so that if two consecutive LEDs are burned, only said tube turns off and the rest will continue to work, is it possible to do this? but every tube needs to work independent(with other colors)

I have another problem and that is that each tube has 40 LEDs and the glediator protocol says that it supports only 512 LEDs, which would be about 12 tubes:
FOTO4
With arduino mega, can I control more LEDs or should I use some protocol like dmx?
Captura de pantalla 2021-11-15 180121.png
Captura de pantalla 2021-11-15 180121.png (924.61 KiB) Viewed 636 times

adafruit_support_bill

Re: WS2813 LED TUBES

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It is possible to control multiple strips with the same pin as in your foto3. If you have many strips from a single pin, you may require additional buffering of the signal. An AHCT74125 chip ca be used for this. When controlling multiple strips from a single pin, the pattern on all of the strips will be identical.

It is also possible to control multiple strips with a different pin for each strip. In this configuration, the patterns on each of the strips can be different.

I'm not familiar with the glediator software. Using our Neopixel library, an Arduino Mega can control about 2500 pixels - depending on the complexity of your code.

joaquinm003

Post by joaquinm003 »

Ok!, I need that all led tubes have a different color/effect so i cant connect like foto3.

And i cant have one pin per tube.

Any other solution?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Ok!, I need that all led tubes have a different color/effect so i cant connect like foto3.

And i cant have one pin per tube.
You could use a hybrid solution where you divide the display into several sections - each controlled by a different pin. That would limit the extent of the outage if you had two adjacent pixel failures.

joaquinm003

Post by joaquinm003 »

Thanks you! i go to doit with ws2815, i think that is extreme rarely that two consecutive leds burn

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”