Resetting Funhouse

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chuck_untulis

Resetting Funhouse

Post by chuck_untulis »

I believe my Funhouse is in a strange state. A couple of weeks ago it was working as expected and Adafruit IO reflected button pushes and I could turn the LED on and off. Then IO determined that it was Offline and I have not been able to get it Online. In the process of attempting to upgrade the Beta software by hitting the Reset button twice does not work and always goes back the same code on the Funhouse. I have tried 60-70 times with no luck. I have never seen an error message of any flavor.

I am stuck and have been for a couple of weeks. Brent has made suggestions including using the Arduino Serial Monitor but I have not been able to get any of them to work.

So how do I get it back to a known good state so I can install CIRCUITPY and Wippersnapper again?

Thanks
Chuck

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Resetting Funhouse

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Try this as far as seeing if you can get a COM port to show up in bootloader mode:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fun ... bootloader

chuck_untulis

Post by chuck_untulis »

Thanks. I will give that a try.

chuck_untulis

Post by chuck_untulis »

I have worked partly through the process but the description is a bit confusing. I am making notes so that when I am done, I will be able to make suggestions to make it easier/cleaner for the next person. How do I suggest changes to the documentation?

Chuck

chuck_untulis

Post by chuck_untulis »

Finally after standing on my heard and getting my wife to tell she sees no purple lights (I don' t see them either because I am red/green challenged). I would suggest that in the future another way is found to signal a change of state and not relying on just color. Perhaps having only two lights or some other binary pattern that are different from the others to signal the correct timing.

I kept trying the double click (no purple ever appeared) and finally I ended with the slowly flashing lights that I assumed that the device was waiting for me to copy the uf2 file that I downloaded to HOUSEBOOT.

Finally I have a CIRCUITPY drive that replaced the HOUSEBOOT.

Next to install Wippersnapper.

I will consolidate my notes and submit them to "Feedback? Corrections?" on one or more pages.

I have also been pestered by the board resetting sometimes when I touch it - mainly in the lower right hand corner around the On/Off switch

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

I will consolidate my notes and submit them to "Feedback? Corrections?" on one or more pages.
Yes please. That's the preferred way to submit feedback for Learn guides.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”