Flora won't connect over USB, at my wits end

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Paycho

Flora won't connect over USB, at my wits end

Post by Paycho »

Hi all,

After several hours of looking through previous posts on this forum, installing and uninstalling various sets of drivers, trying different cables, and in general every troubleshooting step I can think to, I'm throwing in the towel and asking for ideas here.

I have 2 flora v3 boards that I'd like to use for a project, and I can't get either of them to show up in Windows 11 (or, perhaps obviously, in the Arduino IDE). I've tried this with no drivers, the latest versions of the drivers, older versions of the drivers, 4 different USB cables (several of which I've used recently for other devices), multiple different versions of the Arduino IDE, I've tried resetting the board as I tried to upload (despite not being able to select a port), I've tried plugging it in after I press the upload button, I've tried flipping the on/off switch on the board... nothing.

Allegedly I shouldn't need drivers and these boards should just show up when I connect them to my computer (I assume it's supposed to show up as a Flora in my device manager and not something else), but so far that's been pretty far from the case. I've gotten my development workflow to work fine with an Arduino Uno (my backup for this project, I'd really love to be able to use something smaller), and figured I'd get everything connected and working on the Flora today, but it's been kind of a nightmare so far.

If anyone has any ideas, tips, or advice, I'm all ears - thanks for reading!

Paycho

Re: Flora won't connect over USB, at my wits end

Post by Paycho »

Oh my god.

I tried *so many* USB cables, and every single one of them was bad.

On a lark, I unplugged my mouse's wireless transmitter from its cable, and plugged the flora into it, and it instantly showed up in my IDE.

My life.

Sorry for the noise all, problem solved.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”