Flora v3 - port missing, won't reset

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MeganC

Flora v3 - port missing, won't reset

Post by MeganC »

Hello,

I have been trying to get my Flora v3 to connect to my computer in the Arduino IDE, but the port option is missing. I've added the boards and did everything in the start guide, but I can't seem to get anything to fix the problem. I can't get the blink program to run at all.
Additionally, the reset function doesn't seem to work. When I have the Flora plugged in (with the cable that came with the kit) the green light lights up, but when I press reset no other buttons light up. I'm about at my wits end at this point and want to know if there is anything else I can try outside of buying a new one. :/
Attachments
Screenshot (270).png
Screenshot (270).png (89.47 KiB) Viewed 232 times

larcen007

Re: Flora v3 - port missing, won't reset

Post by larcen007 »

I am having the same problem. I have a downloaded USBlogview and when I plug in the Flora, there is no PLUG or UNPLUG event. I tested different cables, and I also tested with a USB flash drive to make sure USBlogview is working properly.

I am running on win 10 and have installed the adafruit drivers.

If it is a zapped board, can we verify so that I can get a replacement? Thank you.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Verify the USB cable(s) being used are good. Use them with something else and verify they can move data and are not charge only cables.

larcen007

Post by larcen007 »

Thank you. I bought the flora in the GPS kit. It came with its own usb cable. I tried that one and one of my own. I can double check the mine later. Isn't thr usb cable that came with the kit data and power?

MeganC

Post by MeganC »

adafruit_support_carter wrote:Verify the USB cable(s) being used are good. Use them with something else and verify they can move data and are not charge only cables.

I have checked the cable that came with the Flora and another cable I have. Neither of them seem to work with the Flora, only the green light on the board is lit. I plugged the same cords into an Arduino pro micro and the green and red lights are present, but now i'm getting a notification that my computer isn't recognizing the USB which is puzzling. I also tried my arduino uno in the same port and it is working just fine and running sketches.

I think my Flora may be fried so I'm going to order another one to see if that resolves the issue or if there is something more going on from my end.

larcen007

Post by larcen007 »

Cable has been tested - it transmits data and delivers power. I will be exchanging for a new one.

adafruit_support_carter

Sorry. Missed these replies somehow. Yep, USB cable with kit should be fine. There's just *tons* of bad USB cables out there, so need to verify they are good.

OK, next sanity check - if you press the reset button, does the little red LED (near USB connector, labeled #7) do anything?

MeganC

Post by MeganC »

Good call on the USB cable, it wouldn’t have been my first instinct to check!

It does nothing when I press the reset button unfortunately. It just stays stubbornly solid with no flashing or blinking when I try to reset it or do the “press reset while uploading” trick I’ve seen elsewhere.
I don’t know a lot about electronics (this is my second ever board), so my ability to really dig into what could be causing it isn’t super strong. Happy to try other methods, but fortunately the Flora is pretty cheap should that come to pass!

adafruit_support_carter

@MeganC Let's replace your Flora. Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and they can send you a replacement Flora.

larcen007

Post by larcen007 »

Red light does not blink or turn on. Green led stays on though.

adafruit_support_carter

@larcen007 Let's replace your Flora also. Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and they can send you a replacement Flora.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”