OLED SH110X and Arduino NANO

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sdanek

OLED SH110X and Arduino NANO

Post by sdanek »

Looking to replace the bulk and wiring of the old 16x2 LCD on an existing design with the Adafruit 128x64 OLED FeatherWing. I've got plenty of old NANOs, so not really looking to get a feather. I'm pretty sure I have the wiring correct for 3V, GND, SCL and SDA since I have the QT connector daisy chained to an encoder and that works. There is a note on-line that states:

"Using the OLED FeatherWing with anything but a Feather board is not recommended! However, if you're using it with a non-Feather, you must connect the RST pin in addition to 3V, GND, SCL and SDA."

I assumed that means I have to connect it to the RST pin on the NANO but that's 5V so I added a pull-up to 3.3V instead.

Pulled the example code/library info from the product page something like this:

#include <SPI.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
#include <Adafruit_SH110X.h>
Adafruit_SH1107 display = Adafruit_SH1107(64, 128, &Wire);
... yada yada...
void setup() {
// open the debug serial port
Serial.begin(115200);
while (!Serial) delay(10);

Serial.println("128x64 OLED FeatherWing test");
delay(250); // wait for the OLED to power up
display.begin(0x3C, true); // Address 0x3C default

Serial.println("OLED begun");

Once I get to the display.begin(0x3C, true); statement, the process either hangs indefinitely or causes the system to reboot. Anyone have experience with a non-Feather use of this display and gotten it to work?

dastels

Re: OLED SH110X and Arduino NANO

Post by dastels »

You could try doing what the breakout does to handle that. See https://learn.adafruit.com/assets/93884. There's a 1N4148 diode converting the 5v reset signal to the 3.3v needed by the display chip.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”