Help With MKR100 Driver

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Adafruituser11223

Help With MKR100 Driver

Post by Adafruituser11223 »

Hi, I purchased an arudino MKR1000 with Wifi capabilities for the LED Matrix 16x32 display that I bought here on adafruit. I am running into the problem that my computer does not recognize that the arduino is connected to the laptop under device manager. I have changed USB's, changed laptops, and nothing is working. Essentially, on the arduino IDE, the port is not being recognized, and so I cannot upload any code to even test the LED Matrix. I have tried to download the driver under many different locations but it does not work. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Adafruituser11223

Re: Help With MKR100 Driver

Post by Adafruituser11223 »

So I put the MKR1000 into bootloader mode (by pressing the reset button twice), and for a moment, the Arduino is recognized in device manager, and I am able to go into tools and in Com 6 the IDE States MKR1000. BUT, every time I try to upload the code under this bootloader mode, the USB disconnects and the arduino goes away in tools and in device manager. So I do not understand this bootloader mode. When my mkr is in bootloader mode, it appears under ports (Genuino MKR1000 Bootloader) in device manager and in the arduino IDE (Com 6 MKR1000), but again once I try to upload example code, the usb disconnects and the arduino is no longer recognized by the software and the drive does not work.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”