Using the SSD1681 & SSD1351 in the same project?

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
PPKME

Using the SSD1681 & SSD1351 in the same project?

Post by PPKME »

Hi All,
A question before I go and buy the following hardware:
- Adafruit 1.54" Monochrome eInk / ePaper Display with SRAM - 200x200 with SSD1681 Product ID: 4196
- OLED Breakout Board - 16-bit Color 1.5" w/microSD holder SSD1351 Product ID: 1431

I'm developing with VSC (Arduino) and I would like to use the EPaper and OLED display's in the same project. OLED for fast real-time display of data and the Epaper for indicating errors during power loss.
Using the Adafruit libraries, can I have both displays operational and being updated from the firmware?

Thanks,
Neil.

tepalia02

Re: Using the SSD1681 & SSD1351 in the same project?

Post by tepalia02 »

UNO will not be enough in my opinion. When I tried only an e-paper display with UNO, I got some technical glitches. You'd better choose mega or due. Driving two SPI devices together with one Arduino needs some tricks to follow. You'll see many tutorials regarding this matter.

PPKME

Re: Using the SSD1681 & SSD1351 in the same project?

Post by PPKME »

tepalia02 wrote:UNO will not be enough in my opinion. When I tried only an e-paper display with UNO, I got some technical glitches. You'd better choose mega or due. Driving two SPI devices together with one Arduino needs some tricks to follow. You'll see many tutorials regarding this matter.
Hi,
I'm actually using an ESP32 as a processor. The question more relates to the drivers conflicting with each other.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”