Arduino Mega & ks0108 glcd?

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
stephanie

Arduino Mega & ks0108 glcd?

Post by stephanie »

I just received my Arduino Mega and have got it connected to the ks0108 from my Monochron clock. Trying to run the ks0108 example sketch, it doesn't work... I added some serial debugging messages and it sometimes hangs during the "GLCD.Init(NON_INVERTED)" function, other times it gets passed the init function but hangs when trying to draw.

I have added the #define __AVR_ATmega1280__ to the top of the sketch to ensure the correct header file is used. I've followed the pin connections as described in the library page for the ks0108 library.

I've tried redoing the wiring a few times to ensure there were no mistakes, with the same non-result.

Finally I unhooked everything and wired the ks0108 up to my Arduino Deumilanova-compatible and tried that, and it worked immediately.

Has anyone tried using the ks0108 display with the Mega? Does anyone know if the library has been tested with a Mega?

Thanks!

stephanie

Re: Arduino Mega & ks0108 glcd?

Post by stephanie »

I figured out the solution for the problem. Sharing it here incase anyone else comes across it:

The current (version 2) glcd / ks0108 library is 2 years old and there is a new version that is (as of the time of this writing) very nearly ready for release. I downloaded the RC2 of glcd v3 and voilla, it works perfectly!

Cheers!

mbaril

Re: Arduino Mega & ks0108 glcd?

Post by mbaril »

Hi/Bonjour

Can you email me how you connect your glcd to the Mega plz. I will like to connect it to my Due! Thk

Math

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”