There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Arduino Leonardo USB Not Recognized
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Arduino Leonardo USB Not Recognized

by littleruler20 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:37 pm

I purchased a Arduino Leonardo a week ago and have been unable to use it period. Out of the box, I followed the instructions to the letter on the arduino site.
The problem:
When I plug my arduino in, It is recognized for a couple of seconds and then disappears. In device manager it goes from Arduino Leonardo to USB not recognized. I am running windows 7 32 bit, but I have also tried to run it on Ubuntu. It seemed to be recognized on ubuntu, but when I opened up the arduino terminal, The option serial port was greyed out.

TLDR:
Wndows 7 32 Bit foes not recognize the usb, but it does recognize for a few second after I press reset/plug it in
Ubuntu seems to recognize it as an Arduino Leonardo, but Serial Port is greyed out

The L and T light are on
The arduino seemed to be recognized after initial install, until I attempted to upload blink. I am not sure if that was the cause because I tried to upload fairly quick and maybe the problem happened at the same time I tired to upload.

This is my first post so please give me tips if I did not give enough/ the correct information.
PS I have seen this fix
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31721&p=158426&hilit=usb+not+recognized#p158426
and am pretty sure they are different problems because my Rx light is not on and I used an example program
littleruler20

Re: Arduino Leonardo USB Not Recognized

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:01 am

When I plug my arduino in, It is recognized for a couple of seconds and then disappears.

Sounds like a bad cable.

adafruit_support_bill

by littleruler20 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:47 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I thought this as well, so I tested the arduino with a different wire. I had the same problem.
littleruler20

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:42 am

That is an odd case. Clearly the processor is functioning well enough to identify itself as a a USB device. Leonardos are simpler than Unos since the USB capability is in the main processor. It sounds like you have tried all the usual things: different computer/OS/cable. Contact support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread to arrange for a replacement.

adafruit_support_bill

by littleruler20 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:37 am

Thanks will do.
littleruler20

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.