There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Need Some guidance, displaying website info;
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Need Some guidance, displaying website info;

by keyboardbandit on Sun May 26, 2013 5:35 am

My wife and I enjoy diving in Okinawa, however before we go out each time we have to check http://weather.kadenaforcesupport.com/update/sea.htm for the current sea conditions. I have seen people using their ethernet shields to display twitter feeds on LCDs, and I would like to do something like that for this website.

I'm not sure how to go about doing this though. Does anyone know where I can find some tutorials to point me in the right direction? One thing that concerns me is that the sea condition display is a .png and not just a string of text.
keyboardbandit

Re: Need Some guidance, displaying website info;

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun May 26, 2013 6:16 am

The "WebClientRepeating" example in the standard Arduino Ethernet library will make periodic web requests. You just need to supply the URL to your sea condition service. Is there a similar service that can give you a text report? The png file isn't going to be much use on an Arduino.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.