Arduino error during uploads using the Ez-Link

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
abeza

Arduino error during uploads using the Ez-Link

Post by abeza »

I am using the Arduino uno (Windows 7) and have the Bluetooth EZ-Link breakout board
connected. The Adafruit EZ-Link 0725 was added as a device, accomplished the pairing process,
used the blink sketch and was able to perform a wireless upload, and the arduino led flashed
at the one second rate. I added a serial.println (13); and the number 13 displayed on the monitor screen.
While the screen monitor was displaying, the red led of the EZ-Link was flashing at a fast rate.
Subsequent uploads failed with an error "Avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00".
It performs a successful upload approximately once every 10 or more tries. When the upload fails the process bar
stays at 90%, the red led flashing at a high rate, goes back to 2 second flashes and the error message appears.
After a upload failure, the screen monitor still displays 13 and the EZ-Link red led fllashes at the high rate.
Is the polarity of the 1 uf capacitor that connects between the arduino reset and the DTR of the EZ-Link a concern?.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

adafruit

Re: Arduino error during uploads using the Ez-Link

Post by adafruit »

Turn on the verbose output, that should help debug, see what the avrdude process is getting stuck on :)

Decoder22

Post by Decoder22 »

I know there hasn't been a post on here for a while, but I am having kinda the same problem. When I try to upload code over Bluetooth with the Ez link breakout board, I get the "programmer is not responding" error. It runs through the 10 attempts then doesn't work. I checked all the wiring, I have tried repairing my computer and board, and I have even tried restarting my computer. Any advice? Thanks

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Same advice as above: turn on verbose reporting, copy the errors you get, and post them here. We'll take a look and see if they provide any clues.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”