Adafruit Industries, Essential service and business: NYC – Executive Order 202.6 - Read more.

MIDI serial output
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

MIDI serial output

by CEW on Tue May 27, 2008 7:57 pm

I have the Arduino receiving sensor input, then sending MIDI noteOn / noteOff messages over the serial USB, but then I'm stuck. Any suggestions for a PC based MIDI program that I can tie to the Arduino output, to play sounds? I'm running UBUNTU Studio and also Windows XP.

BTW, I have also built the wave shield kit and it's great. Is there more example code for the wave shield on the way?
CEW

by franklin97355 on Tue May 27, 2008 8:53 pm

Do a Google search for MidiJam

franklin97355

Thanks but :)

by CEW on Wed May 28, 2008 1:57 pm

Midi Jam looks neat, but what I really need is something that has the instrument information integral.

All I'm doing with my sensors is saying noteOn and noteOff, so I need software that can play different instrument sounds or that can assign WAV files to different keys/strings. Plus, I really don't know how to get the software to talk to the Arduino. :?

I was hoping I could just tell the software to look at the correct port & go from there, but I'm sure it's more complicated than that.

I'll muck around with Midi Jam today, but I don't think it's going to do what I need. Thanks, though. It looks like a fun program to play with.
CEW

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.