Drum Master - Electronic Drum Brain
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Drum Master - Electronic Drum Brain

by wyatt on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:59 pm

Hello all,

I have mentioned this project in reply to a couple other posts, but have not yet posted the official announcement. On Friday I received the shipment of shield PCBs, and have assembled the first production version over the weekend. The months of prototypes and planning seem to have paid off, as it is working well!

Drum Master is a DIY electronic drum brain, designed to compete with the higher end EDrums. Some of the features of Drum Master include:
-32 analog channels (velocity sensitive) and 8 digital switches
-RJ45 connections allow up to 16 pads, with a max of 6 data channels each
-You define which pads use which channels, (via short jumper cables); if you want a hi hat with three piezo sensors, an accelerometer, an analog IR switch to determine open distance, and a digital switch, you can do it!
-You control the synth software on the computer, and can define both the samples and the logic
-All open source (CC licensed) hardware and software

The website http://drummaster.thecave.homeunix.org has been updated with new pictures in the gallery, a short (poor quality, unfortunately) video, and information on wiring the drum pads. As well, there are still full schematics, PCB layout, and Gerber files. I currently have four shield PCBs available if anyone is interested in creating this themselves; you can contact me via my website for more information.

Cheers

wyatt

by mngrif on Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:09 pm

I can dig it. Yeeeaaaah.

Absolutely awesome project, if I was a drummer I'd make it!
mngrif

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.