Arduino Language Reference in pdf?

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Migs

Arduino Language Reference in pdf?

Post by Migs »

Friends:

Is the Arduino Language Reference availiable for download (pdf?)

I already found:

arduino
notebook
a beginner’s reference
brian w. evans

Thanks in advance,

Migs

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

no
its all on the website

Migs

Post by Migs »

Hi Ladyada:

Here it is, I found it:

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/M ... Curriculum

Download the parts "Arduino Website on PDF"

This might be a good thing to link to.

By the way, thanks for all your hard work in supporting new users like me. I went over to your website as well. What I'd like to see is a picture of Ladyada somewhere, so I can see the person behind the legend.

All the best,
Migs

macegr

Post by macegr »

Migs

Post by Migs »

Cool macegr, now I can thank properly!

Thanks Limor! -Migs

ipatt

Re: Arduino Language Reference in pdf?

Post by ipatt »

Hello,

Truly better than paging through the pages on the web (especially on dialup).

The downloadable .pdf version could be improved by removing the multiple pages that contain only an invitation to login:

Login to Arduino:username ....... etc

In the Arduino - Reference.pdf there are 554 Login .. pages of a total of 912 pages, i.e. 60.8% of the total pages are useless Login ... pages.

The situation is the same with Arduino - Learning. Of a total of 711 pages there are 258 Login to Arduino .... pages. (36.3%)

Similarly, TheGettingStartedGuide... has 232 pages with "only" 42 of these being the wretched Login....

To verify this do an Acrobat Reader search on "Login" with the case sensitive option chosen.

Unfortunately, only the "author" of the .pdf conversion can eliminate this redundancy. The repetition is not too bothersome UNLESS the reader wishes to print sections of the .pdf file. Then he/she either has a bunch of paper to recycle or ploughs through the sections noting which pages not to print.

This is not to belittle the effort to gather all this valuable Arduino information into one useful linked file. Just that a final touch would make the effort perfect. I am still grateful for the three .pdf files.

Better Arduino programming to all.

trialex

Post by trialex »

Buy the new book and support the creators of Arduino...

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596155513/

ipatt

Post by ipatt »

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion but the Getting Started book has little to teach me. I do highly recommend it to those with little or no knowledge and/or experience with electronics and programming. Now, if the reference were published in hardcopy (a 358 page work without the "Login ...." pages I would seriously consider it. Even 358 pages is a little too much for my overworked LJ-6mp.

I own a copy of Acrobat 5. If the editable Reference and Learning files are compatible I would slog through them and remove 95% of the redundant pages. This would help conserve bandwidth also.

regards.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”