📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Please place all UPS 3 Day orders by 11am ET Friday December 13 📬❄️📦

Wireless internet arduino using xbee
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Wireless internet arduino using xbee

by argo on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:44 am

Hello all,
I have a newbie question for a project I'm about to get into. Here is what I want to do. I want a boarduino with a temperature thermistor to get the temperature of my pool. It will then transmit data through an xbee to another arduino that has an xport shield with an (xport direct) attached to it. The arduino with the xport direct will be connected to my router which will send the info to a php page on my home server. What I'm getting at is how do I connect an xbee to the arduino that has an xport shield (with an xport direct) connected to it already? I need to get the info from the pool boarduino to my arduino that is attached to my router. Any direction would be helpful

thnx

argo

Re: Wireless internet arduino using xbee

by adafruit on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:15 am

should work fine. just use the defualt xbee setup. or alternately use the xbee as the sensor only and skip the boarduino. ill have a xbee adapter boards and tutorials on the site in a few days.

adafruit

by franklin97355 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:26 am

Since you are going to send the data to a computer anyway why not just sset up the sensor to the remote xbee and the loacl xbee directly to the computer? Saves two *uino's

franklin97355

by argo on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:19 pm

Great, can't wait for the tutorials.

Ok, I think I get it. So attach the temperature thermistor to the xbee then transmit that value to my home server php script.

Thanks for the direction! Back to to the drawing board...

argo

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.